Thursday, February 18, 2010

Guess Who is 1


My baby yum yum is now 1 year old. I was talking to Casey last night about our lives 1 year ago. We were waiting all day to find out if the hospital would allow me to be induced and had received negative news late that night. We were so anxious to meet our little guy and so excited to be parents. At six-thirty the next morning on the 18th the hospital called and asked if I would want to come and how quickly could I get there. It was such a whirlwind but of course turned into hurry up and wait.

Finally we got our boy and it has been an adventure ever since. From swallow studies at the hospital to the cutest fat chubbies and so many smiles. We have enjoyed showing him all of the best of life. There are some things I never thought I would do as a mother, being silly is so not my thing. But all I can think of now is I want my baby to have the best of everything - and if that means singing silly songs or making myself look silly to get a laugh out of him, its worth it.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

haha, how cute! Love the picture. And I love that you'll be silly just for him.

Abby said...

Wow, he is 1 already! Just wait, all of a sudden they are 5!!!

St. Jeor Family said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! I can't believe that he is already one. Our babies are growing up to fast!

Wray Family said...

I totally know what you mean about being silly ha ha, as long as they think we are funny... I can't believe he's already one! He is such a cutie!